Following things will be taught in the class
- Understanding the fight-flight and freeze responses
- Understand tuning out.
- Understand how co-regulation is important to develop self regulation.
- Understand ABC of behaviors.
- Understand how to identify the physiological responses of feeling safe and unsafe.
- Strategies to work with Fight flight and freeze.
- Identifying sensory differences from a different space of understanding with respect to fight flight and freeze state.
- Defiant stage and expression of negative emotions.
- Using visual cues.
- Understand more on expression of emotions.
- How to identify meltdowns and tantrums and help the child to feel safe.
- More strategies to self regulate and balance.
- Reflect on implicit memory.
- Understanding prompts.
- Diet, sleep and bowel regulation.
- Vestibular and proprioceptive inputs.
You will get access for 6 months.
StartHow do we regulate our behaviors. (54:07)
StartUnderstanding the defensive reflexes. (46:58)
StartTechniques to regulate behaviors - working with fear paralysis reflex. (47:37)
StartEstablishing predictability and safety in the environment (36:29)
StartImplicit memories and their role in regulation (35:09)
StartTechniques to regulate behaviors - Balances. (17:49)
StartTechniques to regulate behaviors - Deep pressure strategies. (19:03)
StartUnderstanding role of sleep, diet, prompts and environment. (36:38)
StartTechniques to regulate behaviors - Vestibular strategies. (18:11)
StartSome more strategies for regulating behaviors. (21:30)
I am a Holistic Occupational therapist and founder of Khushi therapy center based in Mumbai- India.
I believe that the mind and body are connected and see challenges from a whole person perspective.I combine complementary therapies and integral health techniques in my practice of Occupational therapy to help my clients at a deeper level.
I believe balance is an integral part of wellness and that alignment of body mind and spirit is the key to helping ourselves and our kids.
I work with neurodiverse kids and their families since the last 19 years.
My strength lies in blending my role as a parent and a therapist to offer the best practical strategies to support families who come to me.
I have undergone intensive training in Sensory Integration. I am certified in Therapeutic Listening, Astronaut training (Vestibular -Visual -Auditory Triad) and PECS. (Picture exchange communication system). I am also a Licensed Rhythmic Movement Training International Consultant and Instructor, an NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) Practitioner, Hypnotherapy Practitioner, Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner, Advanced EFT Practitioner and Touch For Health Kinesiology proficient practitioner. I am also an author of Little Parenting Guru and Looking Beyond Labels.. Becoming a Mindful Parent..